Shifting To A New Gear - Panel on Navigating The Early Career Roadmap
Panel Discussion | July 24 | 6-8 p.m. | UC Berkeley Extension, 5th Floor, Room 505
160 Spear St., San Franscisco, CA 94105
Luis Valencia, International Diploma Programs
UC Berkeley Extension would like to invite you to join us in San Francisco for an enriching and enlightening panel discussion from 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Wednesday, July 24th.
A diverse panel of Bay Area professionals will be on hand to share experiences and give perspectives related to the critical early career transition phases from student to new employee to career-minded professional. The road to career success and fulfillment is paved with triumph and tragedy - attend this event and learn how to avoid the many traps and pitfalls that await us early in our careers. Hear also about winning strategies for career fulfillment and advancement from a panel representing a wide variety of backgrounds, industries and roles.
Panelists will share their own take on how they approached their early professional career, obstacles they encountered, the wise choices they made and maybe even some regrets they have.
Putting your best foot forward as you start your career trajectory means:
* building a new and deeper level sense of self-awareness;
* understanding an organizations culture;
* understanding departmental cultures early on and finding your organizational niche;
* seeking and embracing roles that challenge you and fulfill you;
* finding mentors and benefiting from their experience and assistance; and
* recognizing the power of effective communication, and the peril of poor communication.
Spend the evening with our panelists, share stories, ask questions and get guidance around overcoming these significant and evolving professional changes and challenges.
HR Business Analyst
Head of Risk Management
Sr. Consultant, Valuation & Modeling
Certified Financial Planner &
Wealth Management Professional
UC Berkeley Extension
CA, firstname.lastname@example.org, 5106647544