Course | November 1 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m. | 28 University Hall
"Learn to store and share files using Google Drive and Box. Each application has different strengths and limitations, explore which one better suits your workflow depending on your use case. Each application offers the ability to set permission levels per document or folder as Private, UC Berkeley, anyone with a link, or Public. You may also ask others to contribute as editors, make suggestions, insert comments, view only and chat about content as a side conversation.
In this class well create and share documents and folders with others in each app; experiment with chat and revision history, while changing permissions throughout the documents lifecycle.
Learn how to:
* Work with Groups across applications e.g. email, calendars, shared documents and folders.
* Introduce use of chat vs. phone or email for communications.
* Special Purpose Accounts (SPA).
* How to share files.
* Agendas and Meeting Minutes.
* Workflows to move from draft to approved record.
* Allow for Edits.
* Know the strengths and differences between Box and Google Drive."