Employer Panel: How to Connect with Recruiters at Career Fairs for International Students
Career Fair | January 18 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Career Center (2440 Bancroft Way), Blue and Gold Room
The 2018 Spring Career Fair and many other career fairs are approaching quickly! Find more details in your Handshake and take these opportunities to demonstrate your passion, knowledge, and relevant experience for your dreamed opportunities.
Employer representatives will share international students tips on how to prepare for a career fair, how to navigate through the companies and deliver your pitch, and most importantly, how these interactions can lead to interviews and potential offers!
Topics will include:
1. What employers are looking for at the career fairs
2. How to introduce yourself and articulate your relevant experience for a job
3. What questions to ask the companies
4. How to handle the conversation with employers about work authorization status
5. Etiquette to following up after the fairs
There will be Q&A time for your specific questions. This session is open to international students of all majors and degree levels.