Information Session | January 17 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Soda Hall, Wozniak Lounge (430)
Join us for a 2 hour workshop with dinner provided on 1/17/18 in
the Wozniak Lounge!
Building your own Internet of Things (IoT) device can be easy with the MSP432 LaunchPad http://www.ti.com/tool/MSP-EXP432P401R evaluation kit coupled with the SimpleLink Wi-Fi® CC3100 BoosterPack http://www.ti.com/tool/cc3100boost. Use easy to learn, Energia www.energia.nu, an Arduino style programming method, along with Temboo, a cloud-based code generation platform, to quickly connect your hardware to the internet. In this workshop, students and instructors will have fun using the new Educational BoosterPack MKII http://www.ti.com/tool/boostxl-edumkii with joystick, pushbuttons, piezo, LCD screen and more to make your creation come to life.
Participants will need to bring a laptop loaded with the Energia software and both a TEMBOO and Hackster account.
1. Download and install the latest version of Energia from http://energia.nu/download/
- Please note, depending on your OS you may need to install the drivers
- In Windows, Energia must be installed to a path without spaces in order to function properly.
2. Create an account on https://my.ti.com/
3. Create an account on https://www.temboo.com/
4. Create an account on https://www.hackster.io/
Please sign up for the event here: http://www.cvent.com/d/7tq4vl