Workshop | October 2 | 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. | Tang Center, University Health Services, Ed Center
Mary Kelly, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor/Disability Specialist, Be Well at Work - Disability Management
Disability Management: Understanding the Process II-A Deeper Dive. This workshop is a hands-on continuation and application of concepts learned in the Disability Management: Understanding the Process workshop. Participants will have the opportunity to work through 'real' case scenarios, suggested by participants, we will...
- Do detailed analysis of work restrictions
- Identify need for accommodation including leave as an accommodation
- Follow the life of an employee's disability accommodation through return to work
- Explore the features of Worker's Compensation claims and impact on return to/stay at work; accepted/denied claim designations and permanent restrictions
- Learn, identify, define, and prepare for next steps when all attempts at accommodation are exhausted, including reassignment.